Services | Application Analysis
At this time in the mining and construction industry the cost of tires, fuel, labor and maintenance is at a historically high mark and the ratio between the cost of production and profit rivals the effects that the depression of the 1930s had on heavy industry. (Ken Daniels, H & H Industries, General Manager)
The difference between daily loss and profit or black and red figures, for many operators may very well hinge upon the down time of a single piece of equipment.
Understanding the relationship between tire application and tire type as it is compared to site specific weight, speed, distance, surface conditions and environmental conditions is unquestionably an equation necessary to accurately predict tire longevity and actual tire cost as it relates to cost per hour.
- Apllication Support
- Maintenence Support
H&H Web Address www.hhindustriesinc.com
Over 35 years of O.T.R. Experience
As a result of combining over thirty five (35) years of O.T.R. experience, research and testing as well as considering our mistakes and successes equally, we have come to know and understand the tire verses application equation as well as anyone in the industry.
To be a full service colleague to our customers, we at H & H Industries recognize that we must do more than sell tires and offer repairs. Remanufactured tires have more than proven to be a cost effective solution to satisfying tire demands as well as substantially controlling associated costs if utilized and maintained correctly.
As with any product used or purchased, including a new major brand tire, the remanufactured tire comes with limitations and exceeding these limitations will result in predictable consequences.
H & H Industries offers a comprehensive user or site specific tire application and maintenance support program that is focused upon increased productivity and the reduction or elimination of preventable tire failure down time.
This support program first analyzes the specific site conditions that the tire is subjected to utilizing, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Haul surface composition and condition
- Round trip haul distance
- Grade percentage and length of grade as it compares to total haul distance
- Minimum, maximum and average haul speed
- Cutback or turn radius
- Ambient and surface temperatures and variations of ambient temperatures
- Loaded and empty weights
- Available on site routine or regular tire maintenance and inspections
If it is determined that these conditions are within the range considered acceptable for remanufactured tires the next consideration is designing the tire based upon the noted conditions. H & H Industries employs three general build types in most sizes to satisfy almost any condition:
- The mechanically molded tire is the most recognized and common remanufacturing process. This process provides a new tire look in various tread patterns and depths as well as slick and half track. This particular build process performs well in most conditions but is susceptible to heat degradation without reductions in weights and speeds.
- The strip wind build sculpted tire is designed to operate under similar conditions as the molded tire but has proven to run cooler than the molded tire under identical conditions.
- The pre-cure tire has proven to be the most durable build when considering tire heat accumulation and tread life and is normally more applicable to longer haul distances but is the least cut resistant build type of the three.
Clearly how the tire is built is a significant concern in determining the most appropriate tire for a specific site but many other factors play an equally important role. Tread pattern, tread depth and rubber compounds or blends are but a few of the factors considered by H & H Industries when designing a site or job specific custom remanufactured tire.
The H & H Industries application and maintenance support program allows you to attain the highest degree of satisfaction as well as performance and production from your remanufactured tire. This program is offered to you at no additional cost providing yet another unequaled service in the remanufactured OTR industry.